Training course entitled “Seismic Retrofit of Non-Structural Components in Hospitals” was held in Tehran.
UN-Habitat, Tehran office, in cooperation with the Executive Organization for Public and Governmental Buildings and Infrastructures (EOPGBI), held the training course entitled “Seismic Retrofit of Non-Structural Components in Hospitals” on February 6, 2023.
The following topics were discussed in this session:
- Introducing different types of non-structural components
- The behavior of non-structural components in the past earthquakes
- Performance acceptance criteria for non-structural components in national and international codes
- Types of connections and restraints for architectural, mechanical, and electrical components
- Practical examples and constructional details
45 participants attended the course. The audiences were generally structural, electrical, and mechanical engineers and architects.
You can find the presentation file below: